Cadence’s writings (and video’s) include her thoughts about Autism and her individual experience with sensory differences, communication challenges, alternative forms of communication, feelings, school, friendships and things important to her. Click on the links below to read her pieces.
Writings About Autism
- Autism is why I’m Different
- What Autism is to Me (Cadence’s interview with ‘I Can Network – Australia’)
- Video – Acceptance (Short film based on Cadence’s Writings)
- Does Autism make me Bad? (short piece on how our words harm Autistic children).
- Autism Doesn’t Make Me Special
- My Ingredients – The Autism Label
Writings about Sensory Differences
- Dress Up Day – When ‘Fun’ is Scary
- I Survived (Sensory Overload / Shutdown)
- No, Not All Cats Have Autism (sensory / communication / behaviour differences).
- Video – Spinning is Stimming – Come Spin With Me (Cadence shares her delight in spinning)
- The ‘Nose’ Knows (Heightened Smell Awareness)
Writings about Communication
- When Understanding is Like Eating Ice-cream (receptive language challenges)
- Video – Sign Out loud (Autism and sign language – Cadence ‘singing’ in sign).
- Little Things ARE Important (Why being ‘specific’ is important)
Writings about Feelings & Emotions
Writings about School
- A Girls Best Friend (short prose about Cadence’s relationship with her dog).
Creativity & Art
- Video – Creativity Needs No Words (A short video on Cadence’s art and painting skills)
- ‘Button Tree of Life’ Tutorial (Children’s Art Tutorial by Cadence)
- Video – Rainbow Hearts Tutorial (watercolour paints tutorial)